Spinal Decompression therapy is a popular technique to cure a plethora of diseases. Credence Physiotherapy centre in Calgary use it to help patients get relieved from acute back pain.
Spinal problems are becoming quite common among the people who spend most of their time in front of their desk and work. A basic surgical procedure that is meant to relieve you from any sort of pressure is spinal decompression therapy. Decompression is the main component in treating various types of spinal problems.
What is Spinal Decompression therapy?
It is a spinal therapy that is basically used to re-adjust the spine. It is also very useful, in terms of providing relief to the nerves that have caused chronic pain. The resistance from this therapy helps in increasing the blood flow to the damaged area and thus providing relief.
Recipients of Spinal Decompression Therapy
Consult with the best Physiotherapy Clinic in Calgary to know if you also need a spinal decompression therapy. Some of the following recipients are: –
- Failed Spinal Surgery patients– The people who have undergone a spinal therapy before also but didn’t see any results can also take up this therapy.
- Degenerative Disc Patients– When the upholstery near the vertebrae starts breaking down slowly, thereby making the spine less stable, spinal decompression therapy can be taken.
- Non-operative treatment patients– In situations where either the medical massage or physical therapy did not work, such patients can opt for this decompression therapy.
- Herniated Disc Patients– People who suffer from pain problems in the disc can also take spinal decompression therapy.
- Facet Syndrome patients- Such a syndrome is generally the result of normal wearing and tearing of the body in aged patients.
How is Spinal Decompression Therapy Done?
The patients undergoing this therapy will go through the following procedure:
- Wear full clothes and lie on their backs on a table so that their lower body is able to commute.
- After that, a set of straps will be placed around the hips.
- The lower part will be allowed to slide back and forth whereas the upper will remain motionless.
- During this process, the patient should feel a stretchy feeling, but no pain should be felt before or after the therapy.
What if you are experiencing Chronic pain in your Back?
If you suffer from any chronic pain, it would be better to contact an expert chiropractor at a top-rated Massage Clinic in Calgary. After a proper examination, the doctor will share certain steps or procedures for specialized treatment. For some patients, the case might be that they have to undergo a comprehensive series of decompression therapies to recover fully. Credence Physiotherapy and Massage is a specialized massage centre in Calgary that serves to provide personalized care to all its customers. Patients who need assistance owing to Motor vehicle accident injuries in Calgary or for TMJ Treatment in Calgary can contact for lifelong expert solution.