In order to have an insight into MVA rehabilitation, one must understand what are MVA injuries and its symptoms.
Understanding MVA injuries
Injuries occurred due to an accident of a motor vehicle you were seated into, are termed as motor vehicle injuries (MVA). Motor vehicle accidents cause a large number of physical injuries. These can be to any part of the body including the spine, brain, neck, joints, etc. If we talk in terms of Motor Vehicle Accident injuries Calgary, the number of such accidents is high due to a large number of vehicles running on the road.
Symptoms of MVA
Symptoms of a Motor vehicle accident injury include:
- Pain in joints, muscles, arms or legs. Many times, the injured also suffer from headaches, if they happen to bang their head during an accident.
- Stiffness in muscles. This might not occur immediately. After a day or two, the stiffness might occur or it may even occur after a week or so.
- Sprain and strains
- Cognitive injuries
- Tearing of muscles and ligaments
Need of Motor Vehicle Accident Rehabilitation
MVA is traumatic in nature causing pain and stiffness in certain parts of the body. Ignoring these injuries might ruin your body. As these injuries worsen with age, so one must make sure to approach MVA rehabilitation centres for proper on time treatment. As far as Motor Vehicle Accident Treatment in Calgary is concerned, we are offering the best rehabilitation service in the region.
How does MVA Rehabilitation work?
- Our highly educated Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, massage therapists and other team members examine the patient thoroughly to identify the areas of injury.
- A tailor-made plan of treatment is framed, in consideration with the activities of the daily life of the patient, demands at their workplace and mental health. This is aimed at providing hindrance-free treatment, such that the life proceeds uninterrupted.
- A well-defined set of recommendation are given to the injured taking into account the symptoms of the patient.
- The client/patient is followed up and supported in all aspects until they have fully recovered.
- The treatment centre themselves coordinate with the insurance company of the vehicle (vehicle driven by the client during the time of the accident).
Therapies involved in MVA Rehabilitation
- Spinal decompression
- Shock wave therapy
- Bio medical dry needling
- Laser therapy
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Massage therapy
- Taping therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
Benefits of MVA Rehabilitation
- Mobility/functioning of body parts is restored through exercises
- Some therapies are effective enough to control the pain and face pace the healing process
- Occupational therapy aims at promoting healing while the patient can continue working.
- Treatment of traumatic symptoms resulting from the MVA.
- Joint mobility in the spine is effectively restored.
- MVA rehabilitation restored pre-accident flexibly and overall condition, thereby, enables a person to get back to the previous routine.
MVA rehabilitation is one of the best ways to overcome injuries. The therapies are painless and are conducted in accordance with the daily life routine and workplace demands. The results are satisfactory and worth the money spent. In order to resolve the issues arising out of MVA in Calgary, Credence Physio is ever ready with beat ever treatments.